Terms and Conditions
1.1 Weekly class registration with Ten Feet Tall Year 2-13 is for a full school year of tuition. Year 1 students for one term.
1.2 Students are scheduled for 8-10, 30 minute lessons per term. The final lesson in the last week of the term is a catch up lesson. Term lengths and the respective fees are identified on our Class Fees page.
1.3 Drama Club (Kristin School only) is an exception to the above. Students are scheduled for 8-10, 60 minute lessons with 8-12 students in a class. There are no catch up classes.
1.4 Tuition is not scheduled on Public Holidays.
1.5 One catch-up class is offered per term
1.6 Four weeks’ notice by email, is required to cancel tuition.
1.7 Holiday classes and Coaching classes are 30 minutes in length, booked online.
2.1 Fees are listed on the Ten Feet Tall website. Invoices will be sent out by week one of the term and paid by the due date on the invoice.
2.2 For Kristin School Students you agree to pay an additional admin fee of $10 per term, per student, covering room hire charges.
2.3 If payment is late, you are required to pay a $25 late fee. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your enrolment position.
2.3 To ensure students are eligible for attending their assessment, parents must pay the non-refundable costs of assessment fees by the due date on the invoice. No refunds under any circumstances are given for the assessment fees.
2.4 Ten Feet Tall charges examination administration costs $25 per assessment.
2.5 During the term withdrawal from weekly classes is not refunded.
2.6 There are no refunds for sickness, injury, holidays or personal circumstances for any reason.
2.7 Fees left unpaid at the end of each term will be handed to a debt collector and you will be liable for any costs associated with debt collection and recovery.
2.8 Holiday class fees and Coaching class fees must be paid at the time of registration online by credit card.
2.9 There is no refund for missed coaching classes for any reason.
3. Catch Up Classes
3.1 Ten Feet Tall offers one catch up class per term, for all weekly classes except Drama Club.
3.2 To arrange a catch up class parents must book it online.
3.3 To be eligible for a catch up class:
- Sickness: Email by 12pm on the day of the illness, stating your child’s name and class.
- School events: Listed on the Term Calendar (Kristin School only)
- Personal absence: Email 3 day's notice, stating your child's name and class.
3.3 Ten Feet Tall does not have to provide catch-up lessons for:
- Students who forget their lesson.
- Students who are not at their homeroom class when we come to collect them. (Itinerant School only)
- Students who are absent from their catch up class
3.4 All catch up classes must be taken during the same term in the last week of the term designated for catch up lessons.
3.5 If your child’s teacher is away, a catch-up class will be arranged within the term.
4. Health and Safety
4.1 Ten Feet Tall takes all practicable steps to ensure the safety of its students and teacher and to provide a safe learning environment.
4.2 Ten Feet Tall is not liable for personal injuries sustained or any loss or damage of personal property.
4.3 It is the parent's responsibility to notify the teacher of an injury/ medical condition/s prior to the class.
4.4 Ten Feet Tall teachers are not responsible for supervision of students outside their allocated class time.
4.5 Ten Feet Tall itinerant classes are aligned with the school's health and safety requirements.
4.6 COVID19 Policy:
- In the case of itinerant tuition, Ten Feet Tall aligns with all the school's policies.
- Classes are only offered face to face in level 1 or 2.
- Classes will be online during level 3 & 4
- Should a Ten Feet Tall teacher be sick for any reason, they will be asked to stay at home until they are completely well.
- Ten Feet Tall teachers have been asked to disclose to Ten Feet Tall if they or any of their family members they are living with are in self-isolation or have come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19. In this case, Ten Feet Tall staff will be asked to stay at home until the quarantine period is over and it is safe for them to return to work.
- Students who are unwell for any reason, will not be allowed to attend Ten Feet Tall classes.
- Hand sanitiser is available for students to use in class.
- Ten Feet Tall teachers will avoid-physical contact in all classes during level 2.
5. Photography, Filming, Information Sharing
Please send email@example.com an email should your prefer to not give your consent to the below:
5.1 By enrolling your child in a weekly class, you give your consent for photos or videos to be taken of your child.
5.2 Photos may be shared only in private class groups for parents.
5.3 Photos or video will not be used for promotional purposes.
5.4. By enrolling your child in a weekly class, you give your consent for your child's name to be added to our Term Newsletter should they achieve Honours Plus or Distinction.
5.5 For itinerant classes students who achieve Honours Plus or Distinction their names will be given to the school for an awards certificate.
6. Online learning using Zoom
6.1 Once an online zoom lesson has been booked, the lesson can be changed online up to 48 hours prior. This does not include itinerant Zoom lessons due to lockdown which follows the weekly timetable.
6.2 Students will be sent zoom codes prior to the lesson with an invitation to join.
6.3 Should students miss the lesson there is no refund or lesson credit - Ten Feet Tall may choose to offer a catch up class.
6.4 Ten Feet Tall may record some or all of the Zoom lesson to be shared with the families of students in the class. No video will be used for promotional purposes.
6.5 COVID19 Policy
- Zoom codes will be sent out the day prior 5pm, before the classes begin. This google document is automatically updated. The codes will be sent to parents, middle school and senior school students.
- Ten Feet Tall's itinerant classes are scheduled around the school's online learning. We first seek confirmation from parents re the day/time. Once confirmed, timetables with Zoom codes are created.
- Should our classes clash with an online school class - if parents let us know with 24 hours prior notice, we are happy to reschedule the class. If families have not confirmed the class time and they have a clash with their school class - we are not able to guarantee a catch up class.
- Should students not be able to give us prior notice, we will try to organise a group catch up class with students taking the same programme.
- There are no refunds, discounts or holds on tuition during lockdown levels, classes continue weekly.
7. Contact Details
It is the responsibility of the student’s parent, caregiver or guardian to ensure that Ten Feet Tall has your current contact details. Please ensure the contact details are correct, kept up to date and include: full name, phone number and email, and date of birth for students under the age of 18. These details will only be held by Ten Feet Tall and will not be passed on to any third parties other than Ten Feet Tall teachers or staff, or as required by legislation
8.1 Ten Feet Tall collects personal information about students (and parents/caregivers of students under 18 years old) when you enrol for our classes.
8.2 All information is held at our office – 26 Te Wharau Drive, Greenhithe, Auckland. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you are entitled to have access to and request correction of this information.
Ten Feet Tall's Terms and Conditions can change at any time. Any changes will be communicated to parents prior to the term starting and will take effect at the beginning of the term.