Terms and Conditions
1.1 Weekly class registration with Ten Feet Tall is for a full school year of tuition.
1.2 Children are scheduled for eight, 30 minute lessons per term.
1.3 Tuition is not scheduled on Public Holidays.
1.4 One catch-up class is offered per term for Itinerant students (please see policy for eligibility).
1.5 Four weeks’ notice by email, is required to cancel tuition.
1.6 Holiday Programme registration is for one 8.30am-3pm day.
1.7. Holiday Classes are usually 30 minutes.
2.1 Invoices will be sent out by week one of the term and paid by the due date on the invoice.
2.2 If payment is late, you are required to pay a $25 late fee. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your enrolment position.
2.3 To ensure students are eligible for attending their assessment, parents must pay the non-refundable costs of assessment fees by the due date on the invoice. No refunds under any circumstances are given for the assessment fees.
2.4 Ten Feet Tall charges examination administration costs which are outlined to you, prior to your registration.
2.5 During term withdrawal from the programme is not refunded.
2.6 There are no refunds for sickness, injury, holidays or personal circumstances for any reason.
2.7 Fees left unpaid at the end of each term will be handed to a debt collector and you will be liable for any costs associated with debt collection and recovery.
2.8 Holiday programme fees must be paid at the time of registration by credit card.
3. Catch Up Classes
3.1 Ten Feet Tall offers itinerant students one catch-up class per term, for students who are sick or have a personal absence or school event.
3.2 To be eligible for a catch up class:
- Sickness: Email by 9am on the day of the illness, stating your child’s name and class.
- School events: Listed on the Term Calendar.
- Personal absence: Email 3 day’s notice, stating your child’s name and class.
3.2 Ten Feet Tall does not have to provide catch-up lessons for:
- Students who forget their lesson or are not at their homeroom class when we come to collect them.
3.3 All catch up classes must be taken during the same term in week 9 of the term designated for catch up lessons.
3.4 If your child’s teacher is away, a catch-up class will be arranged within the term.
3.5 . Private (non-itinerant) after school students in Greenhithe are not offered catch up lessons unless the teacher is away.
4. Health and Safety
4.1 Ten Feet Tall takes all practicable steps to ensure the safety of its students and teacher and to provide a safe learning environment.
4.2 Ten Feet Tall is not liable for personal injuries sustained or any loss or damage of personal property.
4.3 It is your responsibility to notify the teacher of an injury/ medical condition/s prior to the class.
4.4 Ten Feet Tall teachers are not responsible for supervision of students outside their allocated class time.
4.5 Ten Feet Tall itinerant classes are aligned with the school’s health and safety requirements.
4.6 COVID19 Policy for lockdown level 1 and 2:
- Ten Feet Tall aligns with all the school’s policies.
- Classes are only offered face to face in level 1 or 2.
- Should a Ten Feet Tall teacher be sick for any reason, they will be asked to stay at home until they are completely well.
- Ten Feet Tall teachers have been asked to disclose to Ten Feet Tall if any of the family members they are living with are in self-isolation or have come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19. In this case, Ten Feet Tall staff will be asked to stay at home until the quarantine period is over and it is safe for them to return to work.
- Students who are unwell for any reason, will not be allowed to attend Ten Feet Tall classes.
- Hand Sanitiser is available for students to use in class.
- We will decrease physical contact in all classes.
- Ten Feet Tall will offer online classes.
5. Photography or filming of students
5.1 By enrolling your child in a drama class, you give your consent for photos or videos to be taken of your child.
5.2 Photos may be shared in private class groups for parents.
5.3 Photos or video will not be used for promotional purposes.
6. Online learning using Zoom
6.1. Zoom codes will be sent out the day prior 5pm, before the classes begin. This google document is automatically updated. The codes will be sent to parents, middle school and senior students.
6.2 We fit our classes around the school’s online learning. We first seek confirmation from parents re the day/time. Once confirmed, timetables with Zoom codes are created.
6.3. Should our classes clash with an online school class – if parents let us know with 24 hours prior notice, we are happy to reschedule the class. If families have not confirmed the class time and they have a clash with their school class – we are not able to guarantee a catch up class.
6.4 Should students not be able to give us prior notice, we will try to organise a group catch up class with students taking the same programme.
6.5. There are no refunds, discounts or holds on tuition during lockdown levels, classes continue weekly.