Terms and Conditions – Weekly Classes
Kristin School families please refer to the Performing Arts agreement signed at the beginning of the year.
Drama classes rely on teamwork and respectful behaviour is integral in running a successful class. If a student is struggling with their behaviour they will be asked to sit out for a period of time and in rare cases, parents will be contacted. Any issues will be discussed with parents at the end of the class.
2. Class Format
- Classes run weekly within the school term for 30 minutes.
- Classes must have a minimum of 4 students to run.
- Year groups may be combined in order to run a class. If so, this will be discussed with parents prior.
- Fees are charged for minimum of 8 lessons per term and include GST.
- Fees must be paid within 7 days unless prior payment arrangement is made. It is preferable to pay through internet banking, however, cash is also accepted at the first lesson of the term.
- A 2% fee is charged if payment is not made within 7 days. If you need longer to pay the fee, please arrange with Ten Feet Tall.
- After commencement of classes, no refund will be given to students.
- Classes run for the year, should you wish your child to end lessons, four weeks notice is required.
4. Health & Safety
- Ten Feet Tall takes all practicable steps to ensure the safety of its students and teacher and to provide a safe learning environment.
- Ten Feet Tall is not liable for personal injuries sustained or any loss or damage of personal property whilst on the premises.
- It is the student and parent’s responsibility to notify the teacher of an injury/ medical condition/s prior to the class. A first aid kit is always available and all Ten Feet Tall teachers are first aid certified.
- Ten Feet Tall will not provide anyone with Panadol or equivalent or administer students’ medication (unless arranged).
- Ten Feet Tall teachers are not responsible for supervision of students outside their allocated class time.
5. Photography or filming of students
- We reserve the right to take photos of activities and children participating in those activities for promotional and publicity purposes. By enrolling a child in a drama class you give your consent for photos to be taken of that child. If you do not want photos of the enrolled child to be taken or used for promotional purposes you must state this in writing to Ten Feet Tall.
- Ten Feet Tall will not use video footage for promotional purposes nor post those images online without the specific consent of parents. Video footage may be taken of a performance and a link will be shared with parents of children only.
6. Public Holidays
- Statutory holidays are observed, there is no charge for Public Holidays.
7. Privacy Act 1993
- Ten Feet Tall collects personal information about students (and parents/caregivers of students under 18 years old) when you enrol for drama classes. All information is held at Te Wharau Drive, Greenhithe Auckland. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you are entitled to have access to and request correction of this information.
8. Student Absence
- The term fees are fixed for 8 weeks with a start and end date detailed on the invoice. There are no catch-up lessons for missed lessons including sickness, holidays or unplanned events.