School Holiday Programme Workshops, April
Join our school holiday programme workshops in April, designed to develop writing confidence with exercises that are engaging and fun. All holiday workshops are different to our weekly classes.
Writing School Speeches
Learning to write and deliver school speeches are an important part of the Year 4-6 school curriculum. Does your child have the skills? We often see our students struggling to think of a topic, get stuck on the research, lack the knowledge to structure a school speech with very little time left to work on the delivery -actually writing a school speech is a number of important skills our students need to master.
At Ten Feet Tall we are on a mission to teach our students HOW to write speeches with less stress and a greater proficiency. We are also going to work on a range of delivery skills daily using fun exercises. Sessions are 60 minutes, online daily.
Dates: Monday 25th-Friday 29th April
Session 1-5: 9.30-10.45pm daily, & 4.00pm-5.15pm daily
Students: Year 4-8 -students will be working with children in their age group.
Programme Fee: $150 for all 5 sessions
Teacher: Sarah Hartley -Sarah is passionate about teaching Speech Writing. She taught High School English for many years and has significant experience teaching students Public Speaking, Speech Writing and Drama Performance.
Ratio: Teacher Ratio is 1:8. Ten Feet Tall holiday programmes are quality educational opportunities for students.
Students will be able to:
- Brainstorm speech topics -don't get stuck on choosing a topic: learn the art of brainstorming using proven mind mapping techniques and how to choose a topic
- Research a speech - learn techniques to research topics understanding what information to include
- Choose information to present -be clear about the purpose and message of your talk
- Write the speech using a proven structure - Learn techniques to help your audience follow your talk.
- Refine the speech -Learn how to improve your speech so it is clear and easy to follow.
- Engage in exercises to help build speech delivery skills.
students learn the skills using a range of games and exercises. Students will write a speech by the end of the programme. Students will leave our programme with simple to use templates for writing their school speeches. Please note this is a fun but also intense programme - students may have homework for this programme depending on how much work they complete in our sessions.
Our programme is bespoke and will be designed to meet the learning needs and interests of the specific students in the class.