Welcome to Ten Feet Tall Classes. We are so pleased you have joined, below is information to get your child ready for their first class.
Ten Feet Tall’s on a mission to create a lasting buzz - where kids LOVE the classes weekly, so they can BUILD skills and knowledge that last a LIFETIME.
Ten Feet Tall Mission
Ten Feet Tall coaches students in the knowledge and skills required to develop speaking and performing confidence and provides multiple opportunities for children to engage and enjoy an audience.
Ten Feet Tall Values – in our relationships with our students, families, and colleagues:
- Connection -ensuring we connect well and build trust and rapport.
- Respect -for all cultures and differences so everyone feels included and supported.
- Learning -growing and developing is much more important than flashy performances.
- Reflection -creating a culture of reflection to aid self awareness and growth.
- Feedback - students and teachers growing together.
- Joy -we aim to bring joy to our students and their families.
Orange Alert Level
- Students are encouraged to wear masks. It is parents choice.
- Students will be appropriately distanced in a non-contact lesson.
- Students will sanatise their hands arriving and leaving the teaching space.
- Students who are unwell must stay home.
What to prepare
Year 1-3 students
Wallet for A4 pages – either fabric or plastic
Please print 5-8 A4 photos of pictures they can talk about: things they enjoy, objects they love, places they have been, their family or people important to them.
Year 4-13 students
1B8 exercise book and pens -returning Kristin School students already have these.
Kristin School Students bring ipads/devices to class.
We use google documents - pelase make sure this is downloaded on their device.
After school classes from 3.30pm - students must be supervised by parents.
2022 Term Dates & Catch Ups
Ten Feet Tall teaches 8/9 classes per term with one catch up class for students who have missed their class. See Term Dates Here.
To be eligible for a catch up class:
- Sickness -parents must email the teacher on the day of absence.
- Personal absence with 3 days notice prior.
- School event on the Term Calendar [Kristin School]
Request a catch up class HERE prior to an absence or on the day of the absence.
Invoices will be sent prior to week 1 of the term and need to be paid within 7 days. There is an automatic $25 late fee for late payment.
If there are challenges paying on time, please let us know.
- Look out for "What are we learning" updates and end of term newsletters
- Please email: email@example.com if you have any scheduling queries or class inquiries.
- Please email: Sarah@tenfeettall.co.nz for anything else.
Should we change alert levels we offer online classes seamlessly. At Kristin School the online timetable my change so that we do not clash with school classes.
We use Zoom and personal meeting rooms. You can connect with your teacher here.
Students have opportunities to attend 1-2 Speech and Drama competitions per year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
We value exams and assessments as a useful goal for students to work towards. We see such huge growth in our students as they rehearse and prepare for their exams.
Students tell us exams are fun, and examiners are friendly.
We use Speech NZ for the majority of our students as the exams have a greater breath of skills. We also offer Trinity College London Speech and Drama exams.
Terms and Conditions
We want our families and students to get the most out of our classes. Read the Terms and Conditions here.
Please note Kristin School Itinerant Terms and Conditions are different and you can request a copy from email@example.com