If you have a student in your house who is all about drama, loves acting, or they would benefit from being in a safe, fun environment to develop confidence – Ten Feet Tall Drama Club classes are a great option.
We love our small group classes but recognise that Drama is a group activity and sometimes it is even more fun in a larger group. And so, Drama Club is focussed on achieving confidence for individuals by working together as a team. From this approach we see our students develop so many important life skills.
Always our focus is on our students’ strengths and developing their performing confidence through praise and the opportunity to learn a range of acting skills. At the end of each term there is a short performance where students can enjoy presenting to their family and friends.
Performing is Key
The more students have opportunities to perform the more they grow their performing ‘muscles’. In addition to the end of term performances students who love drama will also have opportunities to perform in Speech and Drama Competitions. We have noticed that when our Drama Club students attend competitions their confidence grows faster.
- Fun, safe environment where children can learn a range of acting skills and develop confidence
- Learn skills that develop creative and quick thinking, focussed, and increased self awareness in using their body and voice
- Work in a team and develop the confidence to contribute to the group and lead
- Learn a range of improvised acting skills
- Develop character acting skills performing short plays in small groups
- Collaboratively create our own theatre pieces in small groups
- Reflect on our strengths and learning
- Notice other students’ strengths and encourage them
- Improvisation Skills -Term One
- Devised Theatre -Term Two
- Scripted Performance -Term Three
- Short performances – Term 4
If you have a shy or outgoing student drama club is a fun place to develop. Classes have 6-12 students and run for the full term.