If you’re searching for ways to help your child confidently communicate our Speech and Drama classes produce measurable results. Focussing on both Public Speaking and Drama Performance skills, our programmes offer families an opportunity to develop skills that help students make a positive impact.
Our Speech and Drama lessons offer children the opportunity to develop a lifelong love of literature, performing and speaking. Students develop their passion through weekly lessons whilst working towards Speech and Drama examinations. Students are invited to sit Speech New Zealand examinations.
Join our group, pair or individual Speech and Drama classes and learn skills that last a lifetime.
Students will learn:
- Clear speech
- Mime improvisation, role play, interviews
- Reading aloud and sight reading texts
- Poetry, prose and character recital
- Talks (personal experience, explaining a skill, informative, persuasive)
- Impromptu Talks
- Drama theory
Students will be able to:
- Speak clearly, project their voice and engage an audience
- Speak and perform confidently to a range of audiences
- Develop critical and creative thinking
- Develop an appreciation of literature, language, and text
- Listen and effectively question peers during discussions
- Read aloud with clarity and vitality
- Present all forms of drama with an audience focus
- Share ideas with enthusiasm, fluency, and effectiveness
- Present talks on a range of topics for defined purpose and audience.
- Know and use drama elements and conventions