Give your child the opportunity to develop speaking and performing confidence. During the year, students work towards a Speech New Zealand Oral Assessment badge.
Lessons are fast-paced, practical, energetic, fun and focused on your child’s development. Children learn through games, exercises and the experience of regularly performing to an audience. We specialise in empowering students to excel at performing and hone their speaking skills. Suited to both shy and outgoing children.
Students will learn:
- Clear speech
- Body and voice to tell stories
- Mime and the beginnings of improvisation
- Show and tell talks
- Group drama
- Group poetry speaking
- Drama games that promote confidence, focus and creativity
- Discussion skills
Students will be able to:
- Speak clearly and project their voice.
- Grow awareness and use of eye contact, facial expression, posture and movement.
- Structure and deliver a show and tell talk in an extempore style.
- Speak and perform confidently to a range of audiences.
- Learn different techniques in storytelling.
- Develop critical and creative thinking.
- Listen and respond courteously.
- Listen and effectively question peers during discussions.
- Present all forms of drama with an audience focus.
Sign up for our Ten Feet Tall Newsletter to receive information about our drama classes and special offers.