Learning Fun with Online Classes in July
Junior School Group Holiday Classes
Each online holiday class is a different lesson building specific skills. Our classes have six students maximum so we can spend time developing the skills of the learners and adapting our teaching plan to their learning needs.
Our focus this July holidays are the building blocks of Public Speaking – through a range of fun exercises.
- Voice and Body -fun games to think about how we use our voice and body to communicate ideas.
- Creative and Quick Thinking – ‘thinking on our feet’ is an important life skill. Exercises to develop this.
- Innovative ideas and the audience – learning to develop our ideas, change our ideas and think about different audiences.
- Presenting Ideas – presenting our ideas using fun games.
- Games, Games, Games – all the games we know our students love.
Public speaking is challenging for many adults. If students develop public speaking skills from a young age their confidence grows. Most of our students have no idea that our fun classes are developing the skills needed to be a successful public speaker.
Holiday Classes Schedule
- Year 2-3 Holiday Class, 3.00pm Tuesday 7th July – Thursday 9th July
- Year 1 Holiday Class, 2.30pm on Tuesday 7th July and Thursday 9th July
- Year 4-6, Holiday Class, 3.30pm Tuesday 7th July – Thursday 9th July
Book here for our online group group classes using Zoom.
*July Holiday Discount *
- Book 5 private face to face or online coaching lessons in the first week of the holidays (Monday 6th to Saturday 11th) and receive a free private coaching lesson in Term 3 or 4, prior to your student’s end of year assessment. (must be used before December 2020)
- Year 2-3 students join our 3 online classes Tuesday 7th July – Thursday 9th July, 2pm and receive an extra class on Friday at 2pm for free.
- Year 4-6 students, join our 3 online classes Tuesday 7th July – Thursday 9th July, 3.30-4pm and receive an extra class on Friday at 3.30pm for free.
- Siblings classes are two students for $50 – book a private lesson online or face to face. Students must be close in ages.
Junior School Private Classes
When we get an opportunity to work with our students every day or even a few times a week in the holidays, their confidence and skills grows so much faster. Students who attend our private classes, enjoy a variety of exercises and activities to develop their speaking and performing confidence. Many students come to us to develop specific skills in the holidays – particularly when working towards an assessment or specific goal. We do sometimes work with siblings together if they are close in age.
Parents answer a short questionnaire about their students’ coaching goals. Ten Feet Tall designs the learning to meet the needs and interests of the student. At the end of each lesson, students have homework activities [if desired] and parents are updated on each lesson with a link to the private coaching notes. Parents can stay updated on what we have completed in class and what their student needs to work on.
Ten Feet Tall offers online classes using Zoom or face to face private classes in Greenhithe Auckland.
Book here for our online or face to face private classes in Greenhithe.
Middle/Senior School Private Classes
We offer Middle and Senior School students private classes to assist them with their assessment work or as an introduction to Public Speaking. We have great results with students who join us regularly during the holidays.
Students and parents design a specific goal for the holidays that we work towards. At the end of each lesson students have homework activities [if desired] and parents are updated with link to the private coaching notes so they can see what we have been doing and what their student needs to work on. Many middle and senior school students know Public Speaking skills are important to develop for their future but feel reticent to try the classes. We use a variety of activities that are fun and help students to develop their public speaking skills in an enjoyable way.
Book here for online or face to face private classes.