Booking a Catch up Class
We do not want our students to miss out on their classes. Use the booking button to book a catch up class.
Catch up Class Policy
Please read our Terms and Conditions for our Catch up Class Policy.
3.1 Ten Feet Tall offers one catch up class per term, for all weekly classes except Drama Club.
3.2 To arrange a catch up class parents must book it online below.
3.3 To be eligible for a catch up class
- Sickness: Email by 12pm on the day of the illness, stating your child’s name and class.
- School events: Listed on the Term Calendar (Kristin School only)
- Personal absence: Email 3 day’s notice, stating your child’s name and class.
3.3 Ten Feet Tall does not have to provide catch-up lessons for:
- Students who forget their lesson.
- Students who are not at their homeroom class when we come to collect them. (Itinerant School only)
- Students who are absent from their catch up class
3.4 All catch up classes must be taken during the same term in the last week of the term designated for catch up lessons.
3.5 If your child’s teacher is away, a catch-up class will be arranged within the term.
All parents are responsible for ensuring their students attend the classes.
For itinerant students:
- If students are not in their class at the time of the class – it is the parent’s responsibility to let Ten Feet Tall know.
- For example, if they have Chinese, Performing Arts, a class rehearsal or golf – please let your Ten Feet Tall teacher know where to collect them: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ten Feet Tall does not take responsibility for checking every students’ individual class timetable.
How can I help my Year 4-8 child to remember their classes?
- Lesson date/time on wall at home or in family calendar
- Ipad reminder
- Watch reminder
- Pack bags the night before
- Lunch box note
- Inform the classroom teacher who will put it on the board
Why can Ten Feet Tall’s itinerant service not liaise directly with teachers?
- Ten Feet Tall is a private contractor, invited by Schools to teach Speech and Drama, paid directly by parents.
- Ten Feet Tall does not have access to the school intranet, emails or staff.
- Ten Feet Tall does not liaise with teachers to communicate individual student’s class times or changes.
Why can Ten Feet Tall not go looking for students who are not in their class?
When the classes are in groups, it’s not appropriate for your Ten Feet Tall teacher to spend important class time looking for students. This is unfair for students who have arrived at class on time. Many parents set reminders and get their students to class on time.
What if my child is missing too many classes?
We hate our own children missing classes and so we do everything we can to be really flexible so that students are not missing classes. If your child misses a class you will be notified by email.
Ten Feet Tall will do all they can to help you get your child to class on time we encourage parents to do the same.
The impact of catch-up classes is not only on students, but also teachers and the wider school.