Ahhhh! ‘What if we miss a Class’?
We do not want our students to miss out on their classes. Please read the information below, so your child can make the most of our classes. The information below pertains to both in school itinerant classes and our private classes, after school. All parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring our students get to class on their scheduled day/time.
Eligible for Catch Up Class
If your child is sick or has a school or personal event we offer one catch up class per term. To ensure your child qualifies for a catch up class please read the below:
- If your child is sick, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the day of the illness, stating your child’s name and class.
- Where students have lessons during the school day, catch up classes are offered for school events on the term calendar. We will note these in our attendance register.
- If your child has an upcoming personal absence, please email email@example.com, 3 days in advance of the absence.
Please note from 2020 you do not need to fill out a form for a catch up lesson. Please follow the criteria above.
Not eligible for Catch Up Class
If your child has a class with Ten Feet Tall during the school day and they are not at their class when we come to collect them or they forget their class they are not eligible for a catch up class. If you forget an after school class they are not eligible for a catch up class.
If you do not email us about sickness by 9am or 3 days advance notice about a personal absence (as stated above), students are not eligible for a catch up class.
Why are my students missing their Speech and Drama Classes?
If students are not in their class at the time of the class – it is the parent’s responsibility to let Ten Feet Tall know.
For example, if they have Chinese, Performing Arts, a class rehearsal or golf – please let your Ten Feet Tall teacher know where to collect them: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ten Feet Tall does not take responsibility for checking every students’ individual class timetable.
How can I help my Year 4-8 child to remember their classes?
- Lesson date/time on wall at home or in family calendar
- Ipad reminder
- Watch reminder
- Note on car
- Pack bags the night before
- Lunch box note
- Inform the classroom teacher who will put it on the board
Why can Ten Feet Tall not liaise directly with teachers?
- Ten Feet Tall is a private contractor, invited by Schools to teach Speech and Drama, paid directly by parents.
- Ten Feet Tall does not have access to the school intranet, emails or staff.
- Ten Feet Tall does not liaise with teachers to communicate individual student’s class times or changes.
Why can Ten Feet Tall not go looking for students who are not in their class?
When the classes are in groups, it’s not appropriate for your Ten Feet Tall teacher to spend important class time looking for students. This is unfair for students who have arrived at class on time. Many parents set reminders and get their students to class on time.
What if my child is missing too many classes?
We hate our own children missing classes and so we do everything we can to be really flexible so that students are not missing classes. If your child misses a class you will be notified by email.
Ten Feet Tall will do all they can to help you get your child to class on time we encourage parents to do the same.
The impact of catch-up classes is not only on students, but also teachers and the wider school.