We do not want our students to miss out on their lessons. Please read the information below, so you can make the most of the lessons.
- Ten Feet Tall offers students one catch up class per term, for students who are sick and email us by 9am; or have a personal absence or school event.
- Ten Feet Tall does not have to provide catch-up lessons for: Students who forget their class and students who are not at their homeroom class when Sarah comes to collect them.
Why are my students missing their Speech and Drama lessons?
If students are not in their class at the time of the lesson – it is the parent’s responsibility to let Ten Feet Tall know.
For example, if they have Chinese, Performing Arts, a class rehearsal or sport – please let Sarah know where to collect them.
Ten Feet Tall does not take responsibility for checking every students’ individual class timetable.
How can I help my Year 4-8 child to remember their lessons?
- Lesson date/time on wall at home or in family calendar
- Ipad reminder
- Watch reminder
- Note on car
- Pack bags the night before
- Lunch box note
- Inform teacher who will put it on the board
Why can Ten Feet Tall not liaise directly with teachers?
- Ten Feet Tall is a private contractor, invited by Kristin School to teach Speech and Drama, paid directly by parents.
- Ten Feet Tall does not have access to the Kristin School intranet, emails or staff.
- Ten Feet Tall does not liaise with teachers to communicate individual student’s class times or changes.
- Terms and Conditions are found on the invoice and at tenfeettall.co.nz
Why can Ten Feet Tall not go looking for students who are not in their class?
Because the classes are in groups, it’s not appropriate for Sarah to spend important lesson time looking for students. This is unfair for students who have arrived at class on time. Many parents/students set reminders and get their students to class on time easily.
Kristin School is a busy place – what if my child is missing too many lessons?
We hate our own children missing lessons and we do everything we can to be really flexible. If your child misses a lesson, parents will be notified.
Ten Feet Tall will do all they can to help you get your child to class on time we encourage parents to do the same.