Ahhhh! ‘What if we miss a Class’?
We do not want our students to miss out on their classes. Ten Feet Tall’s Catch-Up Class policy is now different to the Kristin School Itinerant Policy. Please read the information below, so you can make the most of the lessons.
Eligible for a Catch-Up Class:
- Student attends a school event listed on the Kristin School Term Calendar.
- Parent provides 3 days email notice to Ten Feet Tall of student absence.
Not Eligible for a Catch-Up Class:
- Students who are sick.
- Students who forget to come to the class.
- No email notice for a child’s absence.
- Students who are not at their homeroom class when Sarah comes to collect them.
- Please note, Ten Feet Tall does not schedule lessons on Public Holidays.
- If a child misses a lesson parents will be notified by email.
To Booking Catch Up Class
Catch-Up Classes are in groups and take place at set times during the week. Parents need to book a Catch-Up Class.
Ten Feet Tall will then send an email to parents confirming the day, date of the class.
If a student does not attend a Catch-Up Class for any reason, there is no further Catch-Up Class.
Parent Attendance Responsibilities
Year 1: Take students to class or arrange this with their classroom teacher.
Year 2-3: Inform teacher of lesson time; notify Ten Feet Tall when students are to be collected from another location in the school.
Year 4-6: Inform teacher of lesson time; help students to set reminder. (ipad or watch); notify Ten Feet Tall when students are to be collected from another location in the school.
Year 7-13: Inform homeroom teacher of lesson time; students set reminder; show white card to classroom teacher; take blue card to the Health Centre for catch-up lessons.
FAQ and Tips to ensure lessons run smoothly
Why are my students missing their Speech and Drama lessons?
If students are not in their class at the time of the lesson – it is the parent’s responsibility to let Ten Feet Tall know.
For example, if they have Chinese, Performing Arts, a class rehearsal or golf – please let Sarah know where to collect them: Sarah 0273337385 or email@example.com
Ten Feet Tall does not take responsibility for checking every students’ individual class timetable.
How can I help my Year 4-8 child to remember their lessons?
- Lesson date/time on wall at home or in family calendar
- Ipad reminder
- Watch reminder
- Note on car
- Pack bags the night before
- Lunch box note
- Inform teacher who will put it on the board
Why can Ten Feet Tall not liaise directly with teachers?
- Ten Feet Tall is a private contractor, invited by Kristin School to teach Speech and Drama, paid directly by parents.
- Ten Feet Tall does not have access to the Kristin School intranet, emails or staff.
- Ten Feet Tall does not liaise with teachers to communicate individual student’s class times or changes.
- Terms and Conditions are found on the invoice and at tenfeettall.co.nz
Why can Ten Feet Tall not go looking for students who are not in their class?
Because the classes are in groups, it’s not appropriate for Sarah to spend important lesson time looking for students. This is unfair for students who have arrived at class on time. Many parents set reminders and get their students to class on time easily.
What if my child is missing too many lessons?
Sarah hates her own children missing lessons and does everything she can to be really flexible so that students are not missing lessons. If your child misses a lesson you will be notified.
Ten Feet Tall will do all they can to help you get your child to class on time we encourage parents to do the same.
The impact of catch-up lessons is not only on students, but also teachers and the wider school.