Ahhhh! ‘What if we miss a Speech and Drama lesson’?
We do not want our students to miss out on their lessons. Ten Feet Tall’s Catch-up Class policy is now different to the Kristin School Itinerant Policy. Please read the information below, so you can make the most of the lessons.
- If a year group is on a school trip listed on the Kristin School Calendar – Ten Feet Tall will automatically organise a catch-up class and communicate the time/day to parents. This catch-up lesson will be taken within the same term.
- If your child cannot attend a lesson, to be eligible for a catch-up lesson, parents must let Ten Feet Tall know 3 days before your child’s absence, by email. Sarah will oragnise a catch-up lesson within the school term.
- As outlined in the parent agreement, Ten Feet Tall does not have to provide catch-up lessons for: Sickness; Students who forget the class; Students who do not provide 3-day notice of an absence; Students who are not at their homeroom class when Sarah comes to collect them.
- Please note, Ten Feet Tall does not schedule lessons on Public Holidays.
- If a child misses a lesson parents will be notified.
Parent Attendance Responsibilities
Year 1: Take students to class or arrange this with their classroom teacher.
Year 2-3: Inform teacher of lesson time; notify Ten Feet Tall when students are to be collected from another location in the school.
Year 4-6: Inform teacher of lesson time; help students to set reminder. (ipad or watch); notify Ten Feet Tall when students are to be collected from another location in the school.
Year 7-13: Inform homeroom teacher of lesson time; students set reminder; show white card to classroom teacher; take blue card to the Health Centre for catch-up lessons.
FAQ and Tips to ensure lessons run smoothly
Why are my students missing their Speech and Drama lessons?
If students are not in their class at the time of the lesson – it is the parent’s responsibility to let Ten Feet Tall know.
For example, if they have Chinese, Performing Arts, a class rehearsal or golf – please let Sarah know where to collect them: Sarah 0273337385 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ten Feet Tall does not take responsibility for checking every students’ individual class timetable.
How can I help my Year 4-8 child to remember their lessons?
- Lesson date/time on wall at home or in family calendar
- Ipad reminder
- Watch reminder
- Note on car
- Pack bags the night before
- Lunch box note
- Inform teacher who will put it on the board
Why can Ten Feet Tall not liaise directly with teachers?
- Ten Feet Tall is a private contractor, invited by Kristin School to teach Speech and Drama, paid directly by parents.
- Ten Feet Tall does not have access to the Kristin School intranet, emails or staff.
- Ten Feet Tall does not liaise with teachers to communicate individual student’s class times or changes.
- Terms and Conditions are found on the invoice and at tenfeettall.co.nz
Why can Ten Feet Tall not go looking for students who are not in their class?
Because the classes are in groups, it’s not appropriate for Sarah to spend important lesson time looking for students. This is unfair for students who have arrived at class on time. Many parents set reminders and get their students to class on time easily.
What if my child is missing too many lessons?
Sarah hates her own children missing lessons and does everything she can to be really flexible so that students are not missing lessons. If your child misses a lesson you will be notified.
Ten Feet Tall will do all they can to help you get your child to class on time we encourage parents to do the same.
The impact of catch-up lessons is not only on students, but also teachers and the wider school.