Catch Up Class
If a student misses a class for a school event, sickness or personal absence parents must register their absence within 7 days on the Ten Feet Tall website footer: ‘student absence’.
- Where all students are unable to attend, and Ten Feet Tall is given 7 days notice prior to the absence, we will reschedule the class.
- Where one student is absent for any reason we will video the class for students to watch. This will be offered for every student absence.
Face to Face Classes
- Where a student is absent we will fit the student into a face to face/online group class when we have space during the term. Maximum one catch up class per term.
- Where all students are unable to attend [e.g.class trip] and Ten Feet Tall is given 7 days notice prior, we will reschedule the class face to face/online.
- Ten Feet Tall teachers have Junior School class schedules and collect students from their classes according to the school day. Should their schedule change, parents are required to update Ten Feet Tall.
Catch Up Registration
Catch Up Class, Itinerant School, FAQ
How can I help my Year 4-8 child to remember their lessons?
- Lesson date/time on wall at home or in family calendar
- Ipad reminder
- Watch reminder
- Note on car
- Pack bags the night before
- Lunch box note
- Inform teacher who will put it on the board
Why can Ten Feet Tall not liaise directly with teachers?
- Ten Feet Tall is a private contractor, invited by an itinerant school to teach Speech and Drama, paid directly by parents.
- Ten Feet Tall does not have access to the itinerant school intranet, emails or staff.
- Ten Feet Tall does not liaise with teachers to communicate individual student’s class times or changes.
Why can Ten Feet Tall not go looking for students who are not in their class?
- We will collect Junior School students but if they are not in their classroom and we do not have time to go looking for them around the school if they are not where they are meant to be.
- We do have Junior School timetables and know where classes should be.
- Because the classes are in groups, it’s not appropriate for teachers to spend important lesson time looking for one student who is missing.
- This is unfair for students who have arrived at class on time. Many parents/students set reminders and get their students to class on time easily.
What if my child is missing too many lessons?
- We hate our own children missing lessons and we do everything we can to be really flexible.
- Ten Feet Tall will do all they can to help you get your child to class on time we encourage parents to do the same.