Give your child the opportunity to develop speaking and performing confidence. During the year, students work towards a Speech New Zealand Oral Assessment badge.
Lessons are fast-paced, practical, energetic, fun and focused on your child’s development. Children learn through games, exercises and the experience of regularly performing to an audience. We specialise in empowering students to excel at performing and hone their speaking skills. Suited to both shy and outgoing children.
Students will learn:
- Clear speech
- Using our body and voice to tell stories
- Mime and the beginnings of improvisation
- Talks (including show and tell, personal experience, skill, activity, informative)
- Group drama
- Group poetry speaking
- Drama games that promote confidence, focus and creativity
- Reading aloud to an audience and discussion skills
Students will be able to:
- Speak clearly and project their voice
- Structure and deliver a speech in an extempore style
- Speak and perform confidently to a range of audiences
- Develop critical and creative thinking
- Listen and respond courteously
- Listen and effectively question peers during discussions
- Present all forms of drama with an audience focus
Sign up for our Ten Feet Tall Newsletter to receive information about our drama classes and special offers.